Bennett Memorial Park
Application For Use of Bennett Memorial Park
It is the policy of the Board of Selectmen to encourage the use of the Bennett Property for the use of Bethel community groups and/or organizations. Bennett Memorial Park is owned by the Town of Bethel and as such is open to the general public. Your rental fee provides for the use of the kitchen facilities, pavilion, indoor room, indoor and outdoor bathroom facilities and outdoor cooking areas and DOES NOT provide for the exclusive use of the property and pond. Generally speaking, if "someone" sees that there is an activity going on at the facility, they respect that use and leave the property.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR RESERVING THE PARK:
A Certificate of Liability Insurance in the amount of $500,000 naming the Town of Bethel as an Additional Insured is required. Failure to obtain appropriate insurance will result in the loss of your rental fee and reserved date. Without the required insurance - you may not rent the facility.
2016 Rental Fee - Applications will be accepted beginning March 15, 2016 at 8:30 a.m. in the Parks and Recreation Office.
Weekday Rental M-F $200.00 - Bethel Residents
Weekday Rental M-F $225.00 - Bethel Residents (over 125 in attendance)
Weekday Rental M-F $275.00 - non resident
Weekday Rental M-F $325.00 - non resident (over 125 in attendance) *
Weekday Rental M-F $100.00 - (SCOUTS ONLY)
Weekend Rental Sat or Sun $250.00 – Bethel Residents
Weekend Rental Sat or Sun $275.00 – Bethel residents (over 125 in attendance) *
Weekend Rental Sat or Sun $375.00 – non residents
Weekend Rental Sat or Sun $425.00 – non residents (over 125 in attendance) *
Rental Fees Are Non Refundable
A $250.00 deposit is refunded once the facility has been checked and is left in good condition.
*We reserve the right to establish a security/cleaning deposit higher than the standard $250 rate and implement the requirement to hire a police officer for traffic control.
A $25.00 deposit is refunded upon the return of the key next business day.
You Must Carry Your Own Liability Insurance in the amount of $500,000 naming the Town Of Bethel as an Additional Insured, This Certificate must be in our office two (2) weeks prior to your event.
Note: If you are unable to provide the appropriate insurance, your rental fee will not be refunded. Please make sure you can obtain the insurance needed before submitting your application.
USE OF THE FACILITIES
- The switches for the lights are located in the kitchen and are so marked. All switches are to be turned off before leaving the premises.
- The stove and oven are located in the kitchen.
- You should bring your own materials, for clean up (dishcloths, towels, detergents, soaps, plastic garbage bags, etc.) Small containers for collection of refuse will not be provided, only a commercial container for final clean-up.
- Before leaving the park, be sure all indoor rooms/kitchen/restrooms, picnic tables wiped off, the pavilion floor is swept and all garbage and debris is placed in plastic bags and disposed of in the commercial refuse containers. Recyclable items are to be removed from the park and properly disposed of by the organization using the facility.
- The Town of Bethel will not assume responsibility for food, beverage, or any other articles left anywhere on the premises either before or after your use of the park.
- Wading or swimming in the pond is strictly prohibited. Anyone violating this rule will be immediately ejected from the park.
- Please notify the Bethel Police Department, 203-744-7900 if any problem exists on arrival, if you have any problems during your event (i.e. stoves, sinks, bathrooms), and just prior to locking up that you are leaving the park.
- Organizations or individuals failing to comply with any of the above regulations will be denied future use of the Bennett Memorial Park.
- Your rental fee provides for the use of the kitchen facilities, pavilion, bathroom facilities and outdoor cooking areas and does NOT provide for the exclusive use of the property and pond.
- NOTE: If you are unable to provide the appropriate insurance, prior to your event, your rental fee will not be refunded. Please make sure you can obtain the insurance needed before submitting your application.
Bennett Memorial Park Fee information & Application