Bennett Memorial Park
Application For Use of Bennett Memorial Park
It is the policy of the Board of Selectmen to encourage the use of the Bennett Property for the use of Bethel community groups and/or organizations. Bennett Memorial Park is owned by the Town of Bethel and as such is open to the general public. Your rental fee provides for the use of the kitchen facilities, pavilion, bathroom facilities and outdoor cooking areas and DOES NOT provide for the exclusive use of the property and pond. Generally speaking, if "someone" sees that there is an activity going on at the facility, they respect that use and leave the property.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR RESERVING THE PARK:
A Certificate of Liability Insurance in the amount of $500,000 naming the Town of Bethel as an Additional Insured is required. Failure to obtain appropriate insurance will result in the loss of your rental fee and reserved date. Without the required insurance - you may not rent the facility.
2013 Rental Fee
Weekday Rental M-F $100.00 - Bethel Residents
Weekday Rental M-F $125.00 - Bethel Residents (over 125 in attendance)
Weekday Rental M-F $175.00 - non resident
Weekday Rental M-F $225.00 - non resident (over 125 in attendance) *
Weekday Rental M-F $ 35.00 - (SCOUTS ONLY)
Weekend Rental Sat or Sun $150.00 – Bethel Residents
Weekend Rental Sat or Sun $175.00 – Bethel residents (over 125 in attendance) *
Weekend Rental Sat or Sun $275.00 – non residents
Weekend Rental Sat or Sun $325.00 – non residents (over 125 in attendance) *
Room rental (only available with the rental of the facility) – weekday $ 75.00 / weekend $125.00
Rental Fees Are Non Refundable
$ 250.00 Refundable (everyone, after it is determined that the facility has been left in acceptable condition) *
$25.00 Refundable (everyone, as long as the Key is returned by the next business day)
You Must Carry Your Own Liability Insurance in the amount of $500,000 naming the Town Of Bethel
as an Additional Insured, This Certificate must be in our office two (2) weeks prior to your event.
Note: If you are unable to provide the appropriate insurance, your rental fee will not
be refunded. Please make sure you can obtain the insurance needed before submitting your application.
* For large groups, we reserve the right to establish a Security/Cleaning deposit higher than the standard $250 rate and implement the requirement to hire a Police Officer for Traffic Control.
USE OF THE FACILITIES
- The switches for the lights are located in the kitchen next to the pay telephone and are so marked. All switches are to be turned off before leaving the premises.
- Gas stoves are located in the kitchen. The oven will turn on automatically.
- You should bring your own materials, for clean up (dishcloths, towels, detergents, soaps, plastic garbage bags, etc.) Small containers for collection of refuse will not be provided, only a commercial container for final clean-up.
- Before leaving the park, be sure the kitchen is clean, picnic tables wiped off, the pavilion floor is swept and all garbage and debris is placed in plastic bags and disposed of in the commercial refuse containers. Recyclable items are to be removed from the park and properly disposed of by the organization using the facility.
Bennett Memorial Park
- The Town of Bethel will not assume responsibility for food, beverage, or any other articles left anywhere on the premises either before or after your use of the park.
- Wading or swimming in the pond is strictly prohibited. Anyone violating this rule will be immediately ejected from the park.
- Please notify the Bethel Police Department, 743-5500, just prior to locking the kitchen and bathroom areas that you are leaving the park.
- Organizations or individuals failing to comply with any of the above regulations will be denied future use of the Bennett Memorial Park.
- Your rental fee provides for the use of the kitchen facilities, pavilion, bathroom facilities and outdoor cooking areas and does NOT provide for the exclusive use of the property and pond.
- Please contact 203 744-7900 if any problem exist on arrival or if you have any problems during your event (ie. stove, sinks or bathrooms).
- NOTE: If you are unable to provide the appropriate insurance, prior to your event, your rental fee will not be refunded. Please make sure you can obtain the insurance needed before submitting your application.
- Application for Use of the Pavilion, Cooking & Bathroom Facilities