Bennett Memorial Park
It is the policy of the Board of Selectmen to encourage the use of the Bennett Property for the use of Bethel community groups and/or organizations. Bennett Memorial Park is owned by the Town of Bethel and as such is open to the general public. Your rental fee provides for the use of the kitchen facilities, pavilion, indoor room, indoor and outdoor bathroom facilities and outdoor cooking areas and DOES NOT provide for the exclusive use of the property and pond. Generally speaking, if "someone" sees that there is an activity going on at the facility, they respect that use and leave the property.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR RESERVING THE PARK:
A Certificate of Liability Insurance in the amount of $500,000 naming the Town of Bethel as an Additional Insured is required. Failure to obtain appropriate insurance will result in the loss of your rental fee and reserved date. Without the required insurance - you may not rent the facility.
2018 Rental Fee - Applications will be accepted beginning March 15, 2018 at 8:30 a.m. in the Parks and Recreation Office.
Weekday Rental M-F $200.00 - Bethel Residents
Weekday Rental M-F $225.00 - Bethel Residents (over 125 in attendance)
Weekday Rental M-F $275.00 - non resident
Weekday Rental M-F $325.00 - non resident (over 125 in attendance) *
Weekday Rental M-F $100.00 - (SCOUTS ONLY)
Weekend Rental Sat or Sun $250.00 – Bethel Residents
Weekend Rental Sat or Sun $275.00 – Bethel residents (over 125 in attendance) *
Weekend Rental Sat or Sun $375.00 – non residents
Weekend Rental Sat or Sun $425.00 – non residents (over 125 in attendance) *
Rental Fees Are Non Refundable
Security/Cleaning & Key Deposit
A $275.00 deposit is refunded once the facility has been checked and is left in good condition.
*We reserve the right to establish a security/cleaning deposit higher than the standard $275 rate and implement the requirement to hire a police officer for traffic control.
**IF police are called for noise you will lose your deposit**
You Must Carry Your Own Liability Insurance in the amount of $500,000 naming the Town Of Bethel as an Additional Insured, This Certificate must be in our office two (2) weeks prior to your event.
Note: If you are unable to provide the appropriate insurance, your rental fee will not be refunded. Please make sure you can obtain the insurance needed before submitting your application.
- Your rental is for the day you reserved. You are not allowed to go into the premises before the day of your rental.
- The town will not assume responsibility for food, beverage, or any other articles left anywhere on the premises either before or after your use of the park.
- Wading or swimming in the pond is strictly prohibited.Anyone violating this rule will be immediately ejected from the park.
- Your rental fee is for the use of the pavilion, kitchen facilities, indoor room, bathroom facilities and outdoor cooking areas and does NOT provide for the exclusive use of the property and pond.**Generally speaking, if people see you are having an event – they are respectful and stay away.**
- Please notify the Bethel Police Department at 203-744-7900 if any problem exists on arrival, if you have any problems during your event (i.e. stoves, sinks, bathrooms), and just prior to locking up that you are leaving the park.
- Organizations or individuals failing to comply with any of the above regulations will be denied future use of Bennett Memorial Park.
Bennett Memorial Park Fee information & Application