Information to apply for a local Cottage Food Industry business:

The CT. Department of Consumer Protection has licensing and inspection authority over local Cottage Food Business operators.

Contact the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection (DCP), through the following link:  Cottage Food Operator to open and operate a local Cottage Food Business.

Please also contact the Bethel Planning and Zoning office (203)794-8578 to determine if there are any zoning regulations that would apply.

For further information see Cottage Food Manual

Bethel Health Department does not regulate businesses classified as Cottage Food Industry operations per state law.