The Bethel town seal consists of two concentric circles featuring a church in the center. The church pictured is a generic representation of the meaning of the word Bethel, which is "House of God." The word seal runs across a banner under the church. The words "Town of Bethel" are displayed around the outside of the inner circle.
In the ninety-six years the Society of Bethel functioned as a Danbury parish, most of its community activities focused around the church. The church was in charge of discipline as well as a sense of duty to community.
In 1855, Bethel seceded from Danbury, and the Town of Bethel was formed.
For more information on Bethel history, please refer to "A History of Bethel," published by the Bethel Historical Society.