On Friday, November 20th, the CDC issued new guidance, advising people to celebrate Thanksgiving only with people with whom you live. The rest of the CDC guidance appears below.
Holidays present a high-risk time to spread the virus:
- People travel to and from communities with high concentration of COVID-19
- Gatherings (indoors and outdoors) with friends and family outside of local areas
- Participating in larger, longer gatherings
- Traveling by public transportation
- The temptation of NOT wearing masks, social distancing around family members and friends.
At this time Bethel is in the RED zone. That means we are in a high-risk area for positive cases of COVID-19. This requires all of us to be diligent in our response in combating this virus.
PREPARING FOR THE HOLIDAYS. The CDC and Connecticut Department of Public Health recommend the following safety precautions:
- Conduct pre-party screening (check to make sure everyone feels okay).
- Limit Attendance
- Use outdoor spaces, if possible
- Use disposable items (paper plates, utensils, etc.)
- Have PPE available (masks, hand sanitizers, tissues)
- Ask for self-imposed pre-holiday social distancing:ask guests to avoid contact with people outside of their households.
- Instead of one large table, set up smaller tables to enable social distancing
- If traveling for the holiday – wear masks, social distance, wash hands
- Check CT Travel Advisory Restrictions (https://portal.co.gov/Coronavirus/travel)
We wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season!