FIRST SELECTMAN’S OFFICE
Clifford J. Hurgin Municipal Center, 1 School Street
Bethel, CT 06801 Telephone: (203) 794-8501
Matthew S. Knickerbocker, First Selectman Dionne Craig, Office Administrator
Richard C. Straiton, Selectman Phyllis Kansky, HR/Grants Director
Paul R. Szatkowski, Selectman Mary Churchill, Benefits Assistant
Martin J. Lawlor, Town Counsel
NOTICE OF ANNUAL TOWN BUDGET MEETING
Dear Bethel Resident:
Notice is hereby given that on Monday, April 5th, two back-to-back town meetings will take place. All persons registered to vote in the Town of Bethel are invited to attend and participate.
PLEASE NOTE THE NEW LOCATION FOR THESE MEETINGS:
Both town meetings will be held at the new Bethel High School Track & Field Training Center.
- Monday, April 5th at 6:30pm – A Special Town Meeting to consider a lease contract for solar power at Rockwell and Johnson schools and the track & fieldtraining center.
- Monday, April 5th at 7:00pm – The Annual Town Budget Meeting pursuant to §6.3 of the Town Charter to consider and take action on the proposed fiscal year 2021-2022 municipal budgets. Details of the proposed budget may be viewed and downloaded at www.bethel-ct.gov.
All persons legally registered to vote in the Town of Bethel may participate and vote in both meetings. Please note also that certain qualified non-resident property owners may be eligible to vote in the town budget meeting at 7:00pm. Please see footnote at the bottom of the page for details.
Please note the following important information:
- These are both legal meetings of the town’s legislative body where binding votes on the proposals will be taken. In order to maintain proper social distancing, only registered voters will be admitted; non-voting observers will not be permitted to attend in person. However, both meetings may be viewed “live” by computer or smart tablet using the link below. Please be advised that you will be able to view the meetings, but you will not be able to vote remotely. Voting can only be done in-person:
- Face masks must be worn at all times while inside the building. There will be no exceptions.
- IMPORTANT:Please wear sneakers or soft-soled shoes only to protect the surface of the facility.
- As a reminder, please do not attend if you are running a fever or do not feel well.
- Please be sure to bring valid voter identification. Only registered voters will be allowed to enter and participate.
CC: Town Clerk
Registrars of Voters
- Note: Non-Bethel residents who own property within the Town of Bethel on which they paid $1,000 or more in property taxes from the prior year Grand List are also eligible to vote in the annual town budget meeting. Please contact the Registrar of Voters office at 203-794-8516 if you have questions.