Friday, April 30, 2021
STARTING TOMORROW, COVID RESTRICTIOINS BEGIN PHASING OUT
As the rate of infection of COVID-19 continues to fall, Governor Lamont has begun a phase-out of most restrictions, beginning tomorrow, May 1st. A second phase of easing will remove most remaining restrictions on May 19th. However, the indoor mask rule will remain in effect until further notice. Details are as follows:
Effective Saturday, May 1, 2021
- The curfew for restaurants, entertainment venues, recreation venues, and theaters will be moved back one hour to 12:00 am midnight.
- Bars that do not serve food can open for service – OUTDOOR ONLY. Food is still required when serving alcohol indoors.
- The 8-person per table limit will be lifted – OUTDOOR ONLY. The limit remains in effect for indoor dining.
Effective Wednesday, May 19, 2021
- All remaining business restrictions will end.
- Indoor mask requirement will continue.
- The Connecticut Department of Public Health (DPH) will issue recommendations for indoor and large outdoor events (e.g., concerts).
VACCINATIONS UP, INFECTIONS DOWN
It’s always great to pass along good news. Bethel’s rate of new infections has fallen for the third week in a row, now standing at 4.4%, while the state of Connecticut’s overall rate is now below 2%, the lowest since last October. While this is great news, we still need to take care to help get Bethel’s number even lower.
At present, about 47% of all Bethel adults 16 and older have received at least one vaccine. In the 65-74 age group, over 91% have received the first dose. We strongly encourage all residents to get the vaccine, and to speak with your health care provider if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a great weekend, and keep staying safe!