Saturday, August 21, 2021
TROPICAL STORM CONDITIONS EXPECTED THIS WEEKEND
Tropical Storm Henri is expected to affect our area beginning in the early pre-dawn hours Sunday and extending into Monday morning. In the past 48 hours this storm has intensified and could match or exceed the destructive power of last summer’s TS Isaias. Eversource officials caution that there could be significant power outages as a result of this storm. We know from prior experience that power outages can last anywhere from a few days to more than a week.
Residents are recommended to do the following:
1. Prepare for possible long duration power outages. Fuel up all vehicles.
2. Ensure all phones and devices are fully charged before the storm.
3. If you have a well, be sure to have extra drinking water on hand for at least 3 days.
4. Please stay indoors during the storm. and after the storm passes DO NOT touch or go near downed power lines. Report your outage to Eversource at 1-800-286-2000
5. If you have a generator, make sure you have fuel. Never run a generator inside a residence or garage, even with the door open. Generators should be kept at least 25 feet from the home with the exhaust facing away from the structure.
6. Use flashlights, NOT CANDLES in the event of a power failure.
7. Call 911 for emergencies only.
Please monitor local news sources for updates on conditions.